Thursday 27 June 2013

Do you ever have one of those days...

Where you just can't see the wood for the trees?

Today was most probably a good day.
Funny things happened.
I had curly hair.
My story got published in the paper and online (link is here: http://www.stuff.co.nz/taranaki-daily-news/news/8846754/No-gidday-mate-coming-from-this-Aussie/).
I got to see Amanda, my best friend from high school.
Amelia and I laughed so hard we almost cried.
I got to talk to my awesome cousin Melita on the phone.
I Skyped Daniel.

But it doesn't feel like a good day.
It feels like a rubbish day, actually.
I just spent half an hour crying.

Because of a silly song.

But that's ok.
Some days it's ok to remember, to mourn.
To have an off day.

It can be hard to remember, to appreciate the good things.
But they're always there.

And sometimes seeing them doesn't help, not right away.
But tomorrow will be brighter.

That cheerful, funny blog post I keep promising is coming.
You'll just have to bear with me.
I'm having one of those days, and I wanted to be honest about it.

Bye for now,
Love,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment